View Single Post
      07-15-2006, 03:21 AM   #41
JO3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ
and all this VDIM talk...i bet a vast majority of the people wouldnt even come close to pushing the car to a point where the VDIM would hinder their abilty to drive. unless your auto crossing, when do you really need to push that baby to the limits?
If you're referring to my posts with that comment, then I don't think you get what I'm saying. With the system in place, the car feels bloated, sluggish, and disconnected. It's like a steering wheel plugged into a playstation. With it off, it's supposed to feel like an actual, proper, sports sedan. And you don't have to push it to the limit to feel it.

But if you are a point-a-to-point-b kind of person, then you probably wouldn't care. On the other hand, I actually take a "short cut" to work sometimes that takes me through the canyons, so I thoroughly enjoy my commute to work.

Quote:
lexus and BMW have differnt philosophy's on what they think is the better car. BMW focuses on driving dynamics and lexus on luxury.
I understand what you are saying here, and I agree with you. The thing that puzzles me about lexus is that for the entry level segment, they have a two car strategy. The ES which is focused on luxury, and the IS which is focused on sport. When I walked away from my test drive, I was left with the impression that both are focused on luxury, with the IS being a little more sporty. Which is fine, and many people like the car. It's selling like hot cakes. But it's just not my cup of tea. I mean it doesn't even have a manual transmission option, which is a deal breaker for me.

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked lexus as a company, and I drive a lexus right now. I had high hopes for the new IS.... until I drove it.. which is why I'm on this board now. I guess I was expecting an updated version of the first generation IS300 with 306hp, but instead I got a baby GS. I think the car is close to what I want, though. If they only offered a few more options that cater to the more sport oriented crowd, the there would be more people like me that would be happy.
Appreciate 0