View Single Post
      03-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #43
bavarian06
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
I am only interested in the 997.2 GT3 and did not want to spend $100k on a car right now. Could I have sure, but my wife and I are going to Europe this summer and are also planning on trying to have our first baby starting this summer.

I love the torque and modability of the turbo. I also like creature comforts as well and the turbo is far better in this department. I drove a 997 turbo back in January and the rush from 480hp and 500 torque was just insane. It was truly like having tunnel vision, and I can only imagine what it will be like with more power. Plans for turbo are LED taillights, coil-overs, wheels, exhuast, and then ECU tune. If I get bored of that then I will go with a 750R package. There is just so much that I can do with it to keep me entertained. The GT3 is great on the track, but I won't be tracking all that often. Add to that the fact that the roads around here are bumpy and we are 2700 ft in elevation equals FI makes more sense for me. To each his own though.
the 07 turbo had more features than the 07 gt3? i thought they all have the options (navi, sport chrono). its very interesting you took the elevation in consideration in your car purchasing process, very thorough.

if i were to get a porsche, i want the rawest version possible, hence the gt3 (obsessed with curb weight, hence why I’m ditching the m3). i felt the m3 had plenty of power already, most of which cant even be utilized on public roads.

which you liked better, the 997.1 c2s or e92 m3?
Appreciate 0