03-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #42
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian06 View Post
congrats on the sale! i just noticed the signature. how did the 997.1 c2s compare to the m3?

why turbo (awd, turbo) and not a gt3 (rwd, NA engine)?
I am only interested in the 997.2 GT3 and did not want to spend $100k on a car right now. Could I have sure, but my wife and I are going to Europe this summer and are also planning on trying to have our first baby starting this summer.

I love the torque and modability of the turbo. I also like creature comforts as well and the turbo is far better in this department. I drove a 997 turbo back in January and the rush from 480hp and 500 torque was just insane. It was truly like having tunnel vision, and I can only imagine what it will be like with more power. Plans for turbo are LED taillights, coil-overs, wheels, exhuast, and then ECU tune. If I get bored of that then I will go with a 750R package. There is just so much that I can do with it to keep me entertained. The GT3 is great on the track, but I won't be tracking all that often. Add to that the fact that the roads around here are bumpy and we are 2700 ft in elevation equals FI makes more sense for me. To each his own though.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0