08-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #32
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
Interesting that the new kits come with 372 mm rotors that weigh 3 pounds more than the 355s in the current kit. I just ordered the current kit with the 355 rotors and glad I did. I don't think I will be able to take advantage of the additional benefits of the 372 rotors or the new calipers, and would rather have the additional weight savings and cost savings from the 355s and CP 5060 calipers. Of course I'm just a novice on the track, but for me I don't think the Pro 5000R kit is the better choice compared with the CP 5060 kit.
When we launch these new kits we are going to continue to offer our current kit. It's a matter of taste and needs. For most people the 355x32mm disc will be ample from a needs perspective. As I've mentioned many times in the thread about our current kit, we've had many extremely fast and powerful cars have great success with the 355mm disc. To my knowledge we have never had anyone with an M3 or 1M fade our 355mm disc. It most definitely eclipses the performance of all other 355's, and even larger discs from other manufacturers. They are incredibly stout discs, and the Yost M3 ran a full 25 Hour race weekend on one set.

All of that said, from day 1 we've been bombarded with requests for a larger disc option. If there's one thing we do, it is listen to our customers. Now we'll have choices to suit various needs and wants.
Appreciate 0