View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
jimf15e
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

As far as real world experience goes, I've personally tried my V1 (3.891) on my rear deck AND on my front windshield. Big difference against my Bushnell K band gun and a fixed Ka 34.7 speed sign. I guess you've seen different, to each their own.

I am confused about your concern for stealthiness and no compromises though. It looks pretty darn visible mounted that way - one only has to look in your rear window. A front windshield mount will allow you to remove it easily if in a high-threat area. Also, if you're concerned about LEO's spotting your V1, remember they approach vehicles from the rear, looking inside. That thing will stick out like a sore thumb!

If you do intend to go this route using the V1 remote audio adapter, ensure you buy high quality cables. In order to run my V1 power from the glovebox fuse block to the audio adapter and back to the V1, if I didn't use high quality cables the power loss was significant enough to inhibit a startup.

Installing a 9500ci or STi-R Plus doesn't have to be a permanent affair. I easily swapped my 9500ci for a Bel in my Audi S4, moved the Bel out of the Audi and into the M3, and moved the 9500ci into my wife's X5. Piece of cake, no permanent changes. And I completely disagree with your "antique" comments - the 9500ci and STi-R plus has been around for quite a while. The M3 antenna is unstoppable, and continuous software updates keep it relevant - read some of the latest independant tests and you'll see they significantly outperform competitors, including the V1.
(Sold) 2006 BMW 330i/Jet Black/Black
(Sold) 2005 Audi S4/Moro Blue/Black
Appreciate 0