View Single Post
      03-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Lightbulb s4play's Valentine 1 solution for E90 m3 ~ No compromises!

It seems with every car we've done, each one is unique and has special attributes that cater for a specific type of Valentine 1 radar mount.

P.S. I never use anything but V1 in all of my cars

After looking at what's out on the market I've decided to create what I believe is the ultimate setup at the most economical cost and still keeping it "stealth". Nothing I did is permanent with no holes drilled so all of it can be reversed.

Currently the methods out there are:

- Everyone's seen those v1 remote displays in the rear view mirror which is ok but those are expensive plus you are still left with the question "where are you going to mount the main unit?".....

- There's a kit out there that conceals the main unit in the middle of the rear headrest but by containing it within the leather confines kills the laser detection ~ BIG NO NO in my book!

-Lastly people mount the main unit under the mirror but unless you tint the upper brow 6", it leaves the unit CLEARLY visible from outside by cop or thief!

So here's my solution, there's 3 parts to it:

a) Mounting of the main unit in a stealth location but maintain full sensor use for Front/Rear bands + laser (keep it removeable since we have only two v1 main units, but 7 cars so we can move it around)

b) Custom mount remote display in upper B-pillar hidden by roof/pillar angled for driver

c) Mount remote volume control unit in a concealed but easy to reach location near shifter console

some teaser pictures for now....
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0