View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #116
Cboy1
Murdered out M3
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
According to a thread on NAGTROC this video is BS and the gtr was stock (there is no way you can run the claimed boost in the video on that octane without the motor knocking itself to death, and on top of it stillen doesnt even make downpipes lol).

Also, from my experience against GTR's I would agree - GTR's with those modifications can trap ~130+ in the 1/4, and I personally dont see a 6 speed off the shelf VF620 (no race gas, no meth, no DCT) pulling that hard on a car that traps that high - let alone be able to hand around from a 1st gear roll like you said. Looks more to me the M3 ran a stock 2012 Black Edition like many others have said on the other forums.

Nice run nonetheless!

If I could chime in for a little bit, being that I was there to witness the races in person that eventful Sunday afternoon. The owner of the GTR is a friend of mine as well and although he does "state" that his GTR has all the mods listed in the video, it is however unclear if all that is even true because I was more than skeptical myself. The owner also stated that the vehicle put down 605whp with 720tq on a COBB tune, what was certain is that the GTR had a custom turboback exhaust cause that thing sounds beast... When I witnessed Joe's M3 pulling in every roll on pass I raised an eyebrow and found myself stumped as to how the GTR was losing... Nonetheless not here to bash my friend with the GTR but more so to support Joe and his winnings as it definitely was an epic series of races.

And Joe, you make me want to buy a VF blower...
Email: charlie.kim@mckennacars.com
Appreciate 0