View Single Post
      03-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #93
tuna_hp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I doubt they are going to lose a lot of customers over this. Very few people know about or take advantage of Euro Delivery. Also people can still do euro delivery and get the standard 7% discount, it's just going to be harder to get any additional discounts from the dealer beyond that because it's coming out of their own allocation. It's only the on-line forum community that has any idea that some dealers were offering euro delivery at close to invoice, and most of the community isn't doing euro delivery of ///M cars, so I don't see BMW losing tons of customers. Sorry you decided to cancel your order.
I don't think that you will still get the 7% discount. The 7% ED discount is supposed to be roughly equal to the backend incentives that BMW dealerships receive based on the number of cars of each model they sell and their customer satisfaction ratings. ED cars have never counted towards these backend payments, only domestic delivery. So when a BMW dealership has to sell an ED car out of their limited, in-demand allocation, they are going to want to recoup that lost backend payment which is supposedly about that 7%.

I had actually read that new, high demand, and M cars have often not been eligible for ED allocation for stretches of time throughout the past. If I am remembering correctly, the worst thing about it was that not only do the dealers not make their backend on ED cars, but that although the ED car sale counts against their allocation for the year, it does not count towards their total sales for determining their allocation for future years! So selling M cars out of their allocation for ED means that they could receive a smaller M car allocation the next year! If this applies, dealerships will almost certainly charge a large premium for ED vs domestic.
Appreciate 0