12-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #111
Coltgus
Chairman of the Bored
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I don't agree with this for two reasons. First, the dealer will make a lot more off of the OP paying 100% than if BMWNA agreed to warrantee it. If they were covering it, they would not be doing all of that other (likely unnecessary) work.

Also, I personally have had warranty work denied from one dealer, then towed it to another for fully covered work. Similarly, I've seen quite a few others that I personally know with similar experiences. Matter of fact, when asked, I suggested that a friend go to Foreign Motors West instead of Herb Chambers in Boston, where they bought the car. Well, they didn't heed my advice, were denied, and they subsequently towed the car to the other dealership for no questions asked coverage...
There is no way in hell any dealer would do the work for free or maybe that's too strong, it's a 100 to 1 shot. As far as being denied at 1 dealer and then getting approved at another either the 1st dealer didn't bother to try and get an approval or just didn't want to deal with the customer ( that could be the case if the customer had given poor scores on a CSI survey ). Of course I'm in Florida and only understand our dealers, maybe things are different where you live.
Appreciate 0