View Single Post
      10-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #20
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
The S65 is amazing, and the ride and handling compromise of this car is really outstanding (unbelievable until your experience it day in, day out).

However, it's not a legend because it doesn't have true competition pedigree. Unfortunately, there aren't many series nowadays in which this car can be competitive (it's not going to hold a candle to a GT3 in a track setting). For a car to be truly legendary, in my book at least, it has to be both on the road and the track. On the road alone, it most definitely is, but not on the track, and only because it's not being raced properly (the versions racing out there don't really qualify in my opinion, as the deviate too much from the stock car).
Do we really need to remind you of the ALMS in which the M3 competes directly with Porsche's flagship car? And, if you think the Porsche is any closer to its production car, you are sadly mistaken. Both of these cars start out as a body tub in the white and the rest of the car is race. In fact, I would wager that they are damn near identical in terms of percentage of stock components vs race components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0