Thread: M3 vs cayman S
View Single Post
      08-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #49
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

The problem is that you're trying to turn a very subjective article into some kind of law. Just because MT is in love with the CS doesn't mean that everyone has to be. Expressing a preference for the M3 (or whatever car) doesn't make anyone a "dumb fanboy". Note that you were the first one in this thread to use terms like "dumb", "fanboy" or "bullshit". Actually, had it not been for the "dumb fanboy" comment, I would have ignored your posts.

And please define "driving experience". My definition is simple: it's what I experience when I'm at the wheel. What you experience may be different. That's fine. I won't make you read an article to change your mind.

Also, believe it or not, I wasn't born an M3 fanboy. I actually dreamed of owning a Porsche for a long time. And then I drove a Lotus Elise, and owning a Porsche didn't seem that important anymore. If you haven't driven a Lotus yet, you should try it. It puts things in perspective--at least it did for me. And when I started looking for a successor to my Elise, I drove both a Cayman S and an M3. They were similarly priced, so I could have bought either. I picked the M3 because I liked it better, and I don't feel dumb at all about that.
Appreciate 0