View Single Post
      08-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #47
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Yes of course... my bad for NOT passing off my opinion as fact and actually citing some sort of hard refferance.
Sorry, but it's not like MT considers the M3 as a "looser" car. Here is what they said about it after the 2008 comparison:

"We expected the new BMW M3 (3rd place) to finish strong; it's simply one of our all-around favorite cars. Pobst gushed over its sublime responsiveness and grace, scoring it second. On our instrumented tests, the BMW delivered a second-best step-steer time, midpack lane-change speed, a top-place finish in ride quality, and one of the smoothest, tightest traces (despite high performance limits) on our figure-eight test. Most important, the M3 delivers handling performance you can utilize fully on your favorite roads. Steering feel, balance, chassis feedback, grip-the M3 covers every important base as few other cars in the world today can."
And I'm sure CS fanboys will be quick to forget this part of the 2009 article:
"What's most striking about the Porsche Cayman S Vehicle Dynamics Score is that it doesn't appear to be remarkable at all. It took turning off our elaborate test equipment and simply wrapping our hands on its steering wheel to finally get the picture ... And when the results were compiled, our affection for the Cayman S became starkly apparent."
"Affection" is not hard evidence.

The truth is, for most of us, the car is not the limiting factor. It's true that the average driver will probably feel more comfortable testing the limit in a Cayman, simply because it's lower and smaller. But that doesn't say much about the car's objective performances.

Last edited by drivendriver; 08-28-2009 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0