View Single Post
      04-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #19
dmw16
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril Blue View Post
Good posts above - and I agree with ThunderMoose.

Specific to this particular event - I am assuming that you are going out with DelVal? I so - keep in mind that on Day 1 you are running Jefferson. A good first-time on track learning track. Talk to your instructor. Some organizations have policies about whether your instructor can suggest DSC/MDM state.

Day 2 you are on the same track - in the opposite direction. The track will look different - so I recommend that you initially enable DSC *if* you turned it off late in the previous day - because the track and turns will look completely different.

Day 3 you are on Summit Main. A totally different track in almost every way. Plenty of elevation changes, on and off-camber, more speed and other driver challenges. Think of Main circuit as a new learning experience from the previous two days. Treat Turn 9 with respect and do not turn into it early.

I'll see you there. Stop by and say hello.
Thanks. Yep, it's the DelVal event. I will swing by and say hi. I'll look for the blue E46 covered in painters tape (judging by your avatar?)

Great info all around, thanks all.

Sounds like the take-aways are:
  1. Go flat out and tell the instructor I am the second coming of Senna, or at least that I saw the movie...TWICE!
  2. Bring a road soda and ask instructor to hold it while I lay down sweet drifts around the turns.
  3. Listen to what the instructor has to say.
  4. Discuss with my instructor what DSC/M-Track mode settings he feels will be appropriate.

I guess mostly those last two
Appreciate 0