View Single Post
      03-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #112
Woms
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
But that's my point. It does sound different because of the CF. I realise you may never have actually driven one, but the characteristic sound was clear. And such a sound would be too uncivilised for a regular daily driver.

The spec of the car driven on stage showed a mixture of elements from both CSL and M3, but for those of us who have CSL orders in play it showed that the CSL may not be as far away as we thought.
I know exactly what you mean Steve, there are certain characteristics that sound very similar to the CSL's CF box. As to whether it is or not, I'm unsure.

I'm also not convinced it's the CSL concept as opposed to the standard M3. Obviously it has the CF roof, alcantara steering wheel, and CSL wheels with Cup rubber, but it also has what look likely to be the standard M3 seats and general interior minus the CF bits. I very much hope the new CSL comes with seats which will take a harness. Who knows, maybe a cage too.

In any case,it looks to me like a bit of a mix, hence the concept stage. Some details will stay, like the Powerdome and side gills and some will not. The wheels will not stay and no doubt a few new wheel designs will make it into production. I'm guessing they are undecided at present, hence the use of old wheels.

As a note, and for those of you unfamiliar with the CSL, don't forget it too had a stereo and aircon.
Appreciate 0