View Single Post
      06-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

First, congrats man that is great. That little bundle of joy is going to change your life, you have no idea!

There are a few issues here. First, the E92 rear seats decline significantly from front to back, so you'll want to level the base or seat or whatever you are using. I rolled up one towel and placed it at the rear, then folded another towel and placed it over the rolled towel and covered the entire seat. The base left no marks and was leveled pretty well. My base has a leveling indicator.

Second, the middle is probably the safest place to locate the seat. That way if you have a side impact there is a least some space between the impact and where the seat is located. Also, having the seat in the middle is better in terms of airbag deployment. You probably don't want airbags exploding near your baby's head. Not sure if you can locate the seat in the middle on the E92 due to the center console. I never tried but it might be possible. I know you said you have a beater so maybe this is less of a concern.

This is one of the reasons i sprang for the E90. I use that as my daily driver and baby car.
Appreciate 0