11-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #70
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Of course, there are the super wealthy who completely live in a world of their own, and for them, these sorts of things just don't come into consideration, I suppose. For them, there is little difference between owning a 458 Italia and buying a tube of toothpaste. I am not sure I would want to be that rich, where even the things of the highest material caliber become valueless.

I agreed with everything you said but this. however, I am not in the fortunate position that you are of being able to afford a 458, so perhaps I would look at the world differently if I were in your shoes.

Ferrari's and the like are definitely a lifestyle choice - it's certainly not about performance. I would care less about the looks/attention you would get while driving it (who cares about the opinion of strangers) than the reputation you would develop among people who know you (though not everyone - some are good enough not to judge). with the forsaken economy that the people who supported Obama have burdened us with, I would feel like a self-indulgent jackass buying a $300k sports car.

in any case, great post.
Appreciate 0