View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
Slapshot9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 JzB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml View Post
Embarrassingly, the same incident happened to me WAAAAY back in the day when I was learning to drive - but with HP+ pads - which is where my comment about HPS AND HP+ came from. They have a similar characteristics at MOT. Until that point, HP+ has higher friction than an OEM pad and bite really well. In my case I was going well over 100mph when I realized there were no brakes.

My overall point is that they are not safe. While they may perform, the fact that they just give up at the worst possible moment makes them unsafe, especially for beginners.
Disagree with nearly all of your comments in regards to HP+. Not to question your abilities, but a lot of people don't know how to properly brake. IE: dont drag your brakes, change before too thin, etc, etc. Speaking from experience, as well as others posted here, HP+ can be run very effectively all day without issues. Your problems sound like isolated issues that may not be the resut of the HP+ compound. Feel free to share more details (track, length of run, track temp, lap times, etc) so we better understand your problem.
Appreciate 0