View Single Post
      06-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #52
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
Depends on your set-up. Me and Bren have essentially the same mods and were both DCT. No 6MT N/A M3 will trap 117-118 in the 1/4, but if your DCT with a full catless setup and a custom dynotune with the proper bolt-ons a 12 flat or even sub 12 at these trap speeds is do-able with good weather, conditions, track prep, and ABOVE all traction.

I have no reason to doubt Brens OETuning results....I highly recommend OETuning - on the same dyno I had my car done I personally saw a car dyno lower with an ESS tune. Yet again, it was a different day with different conditions etc, but I would expect to at least see some gain. And yeah, the results may be seem high on his dyno (400+whp), but I put down 383 on a dynojet in 85 degree weather with severe heatsoak, terrible fan, etc... In better conditions I have no doubt I am around 400whp - it is most definetly believeable

FWIW I've pulled cars a M3 DCT running a full akrapovic exhaust and "ess akrapovic tune" with filter and pullies......that has to speak for itself...
So, what are the "proper" bolt-ons, assuming that we are starting with a DCT and go the OE Tuning route? Personally, I have a Turner pulley, MS panel filter, RPI scoops and an RPI full catless system.