First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
So, you're saying kipping is allowed in teh 300 workout? I was not aware. We were in the Corps at the time and were doing them as per the regs (up-pause-full extension-pause-repeat).

Anyway, regardless of kipping, that 300 workout is hard in general. Maybe not for you, but I think you're a special case. The workout beat my ass when I was in the best shape of my life, and I was in damn good shape. Same with my buddy. Now, maybe if we had done it more often we would have adjusted to it, but we only did it that once and that was enough for me.

Wasn't it just a for-fun competitive workout for the cast though? IIRC, they didn't even use it to get into shape, they just used it for bragging rights at the end? Is that correct?
Kipping is allowed, yes. CrossFit workouts created for time, for the most part focus on efficient movement, while others that require strict form are measured on loads (weighted pull-ups, deadlift 5RM, etc...).

Thanks for the comment, but it's still tough and I'm done at the end, but with consistent CF training, my strength/endurance gains have allowed to progress quite well. I've been CF'ng for a while, and coach at a local affiliate as well. The workout I posted, The Seven, on the other hand - is absolutely brutal!

As for the workout itself, it was a benchmark they setup for themselves - a way to measure performance between the whole group:
http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=35
Appreciate 0