06-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #232
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
That's the one difference with the E9X M3...its probably BMW's most reliable car. Even more amazing considering how many you see at the track and just plain getting driven hard.

My only 2 gripes with my E90 are the cup holders and gas mileage. One run to redline...those don't really matter anymore!

I'd look at it a little differently, a lot more of M car engineering and technology is making it into mainstream cars. But I do agree there is an ever increasing blurred line between regular BMWs and M cars.

I'll wait until I get to drive one to make a final judgement. Because the 3700lb E9X M3 was a far departure from the M3 mold in many ways on the spec sheet but it ended up being an absolute fantastic machine. The engine was awesome but the car as a whole is what makes it special. Drive one and steer it with your right foot...then you'll be in total bliss. Just reading into the reviews so far...this new M4 is supposed to be an even more exciting drive despite the apparently poor exhaust and engine note.
Well in all fairness, cars that perform very good are usually also fun. the m4 is a better car in terms of performance. its faster, it handles better, it has more power etc. So in a lot of those reviews, they are saying a faster lighter car is more fun. which makes sense.

for me the sound was a major part of the excitement, unlike a lot of people. For me the E92 with a full exhuast, raised red line etc. was unreal. It seems like a good replacement would be a Ferrari.they cost a lot though lol

To me fair, i have a problem with most cars coming to the market anyways. i could easily see my next car being turbo charged, because they simply no longer makes the engines i want.
Appreciate 0