08-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #32
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
for the street the BBK is just poseur bling. no need for a BBK on the street.
I 100% agree with you, no arguement and you speak the truth. And more truth:

For the street the M3 is just poseur bling. no need for an M3 on the street.

As has been posted before, the majority of M3s will never see the track and those cars are...sadly...a vestigial waste of track-based engineering.

The only reason why the M3 is able to brake as well as it does, in spite of it's ancient calipers, is the size of the rotors. It is not the "superior factory engineered calipers".

Again...

Someone please find one race team (non-poseur bling people) that chooses to stay with the stock sliders for their braking needs.... just one...

The OP's question:
if it came that way from the factory... leaving every brake part on the car the same... other then the caliper... which would you take.. the stock single piston design... or a Brembo 6 pot up front and a 4 pot in the rear...
stock single piston 27 47.37%
Brembo multi piston 28 49.12%

These results are not funny, it's puzzling...confusing...depressing. So 27 people would rather have the stock single piston sliders INSTEAD of Brembo 6/4 pots?...WTF is going on here????

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0