12-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tallicar View Post
He anyone else brought their car in for time based maintenance for a low mileage car?

The service manual states that an oil change should be done at least once a year (and I am guessing the filter service with that since it calls for the air filter change every second oil change) and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything else that should be done. Brake fluid is every two years as I recall.

It should be covered under the maint plan, I hope they don't give me trouble have had to educate dealers before about required time based maintenance vs only doing what the computer tells them. I'm sure they will be happy to do a test drive and put miles on as they always are though :P
Do a search. This has been covered many many times.

If you put less than 6K miles a year, BMW will change your oil and perform time based maint on your car as part of maint plan. And yes, they will change your brake fluid every 2 years regardless of the milage.

Bottom line is, -if your car's indicator says "service due" BMW will service it and cover it under free maint service plan.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0