View Single Post
      02-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #28
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P. Panorama 10, L Gallardo 05

I have had the C300 and C55 in the past (2009 and 2005 respectively)

I have to say that the C55 was a lot of fun, provided comfort when I wanted it and provided the speed when I felt the need for some excitement.

As to the C300 (less powerful than the C350,but nonetheless AMG Sport) It was great, the new design w204 provides a new benchmark for interior design for compact luxury sedans. The baby merc offers most of the luxuries you would expect, save for the massage seats and infra-red headlamps (but really, we have to think about the price). I like Merc's new system in comparison to the iDrive; very easy to navigate. And best of all, the C class feels bigger on the interior than the e90.

Having said all this, you can't expect the same level of sportiness on the Merc even with the AMG package, indeed it has sports suspension and wheels and what not, but the turning is not as crisp. And further is the speed, I believe the C class is heavier (correct me if I am wrong here) but the acceleration is slower.

On a day to day basis I find the C300 to be sufficient, and accordingly the C350 would also.

As to reliability, not much of a problem, especially with the new w204s there aren't even the need to change lightbulbs.

hope this is helpful
Appreciate 0