View Single Post
      01-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

I am just merely suggesting. with all do respect. powdercoat company will not or would not tell you the truth about powdercoating wheels wheater its a good idea or not. just my experience yes i have powdercoat the entire wheels not just the lip you mentioned its the entire wheels that was out of balance while balancing the wheels without tires. this is just my experience and others that have powdercoat wheels.

YES i totally agree with you that is the reason why some manufacture powdercoat to make it look nice and expensive. AND YES powdercoat wheels haev a better finish than painted wheels.. and again in my previous thread THIS IS AN OPTION FOR CONSUMER, WHATEVER YOU PREFER THEY WILL DO IT FOR YOU.

i have had 4 maybe 5 sets of wheels that were powdercoated then found out on my 1st set of wheels that powdercoating wheels will weaken the wheels. THIS IS CONFIRMED BY SOMEONE, A SPONSOR HERE IN M3POST THAT YES IT WILL WEAKEN YOUR WHEELS but not to an extent that wheel ( ) kill you.

LIKE MY PREVIOUS POST I SAID ITS AN OPTION FOR CONSUMER

LETS DO THIS DRIVE YOUR CAR WITH THE POWDERCOATED WHEELS FOR AT LEAST 1 SET OF TIRES AND BEFORE PUTTING NEW TIRES PUT THE WHEELS IN THE WHEEL BALANCER AND YOU WILL SEE THE WABBLE ON THE WHEEL, AND IT USUALLY WILL BALANCE ANYWAYS AFTER PUTTING TIRES AND LEAD ON THE WHEELS.

IM JUST SAYING THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS IS JUST MY OWN EXPERIENCE...

IF YOU THINK POWDERCOATING IS BEST FOR WHEELS THEN DO IT IM NOT STOPPING YOU IM JUST SUGGESTING PAINTING IT OR ANNODIZING THE WHEELS ARE OTHER OPTION.

SORRY DUDE NOT TRYING TO TRASH YOUR THREAD JUST A SUGGESTION

well good luck ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11' AW M3 View Post
Sean, with all due respect, I have to disagree with you. I saw your posts raving about how horrible powdercoating is. It is simply not true and I think your claims don't have much merit. You mentioned you bent all your wheels that were powdercoated... I am guessing you bent the lip, not the face- so did you powdercoat the lip? How do you know they would not have bent if they were painted?

HRE, DPE, IFORGED, ETC all powdercoat... why? Because it is 100x more durable than painting. Any professional powdercoating shop knows the proper temperature to do the baking process. Its those half-ass shops that you mention that charge 1/3-1/2 the rate where you would have problems.

I have been through over 20 sets of wheels between my last three cars, and the few that I have had painted I regretted every time. The finish looks like crap within a few months. With powdercoating, the finish could last you years without needing a refinish. I have NEVER had any problems with powdercoated wheels. My own zcp wheels are powdercoated and have had no problems for over 1500 miles. I have hit quite a few major potholes over and over with 0 problems!

Please, keep this thread on topic. If you are not interested, I am politely asking for you to stay out. Thanks

Last edited by Grail05; 01-27-2011 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0