Thread: Subaru BRZ
View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #61
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

I was considering a 128i as a small DD to drive on the canyons to work but got a 2013 BRZ instead. I really like it! I've had it for a couple months now and taken it to the track 3 times. It's such a fun little machine and gets great mileage. It's comfortable, looks cool, and best of all, it makes every little errand and trip a lot of fun.

I actually think it's more fun to drive than my E46 or E90 M3's when outright speed is not the objective- since its limits are lower it's the chassis is more explorable on the street. The tactile feel of the steering is better than my S2000 roadster (still have that one too) and just as good "but different" from the E90 M3. It has a faster ratio than the E46 by far and about the same ratio as the E90 M3.

I posted more about it in another thread; if you search my name and BRZ you'll find my thoughts.

VS. a 128i, I think the powertrain and suspension setup are more suited to track and hard driving. The throttle response is better than a 28i car and the car really carries a neutral set through a corner. As a daily driver on normal roads and freeways, the 128i would be far better since the BRZ isn't quiet, refined, or smooth like a BMW. For what I wanted, the BRZ was a better choice. Depends on where and how you're driving, really.
Appreciate 0