View Single Post
      03-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #2076
ImJustSayin'
Rep
Drives: Rusty

Am I the only one to notice...

Am I the only one to notice that Husker is making a big deal about Dooma's choice of going with a lease ... but the leasing company Dooma's using (leasecompare) is listed on the financing section of the auction page?

Also, there's some conflicting verbiage about dates on the auction (emphasis mine):

Taxes and Fees
All buyers will be charged documentary fees. Our documentation fee is $399. All sales transactions must be completed within 72 hours of auction close. You can pay by certified check, wire transfer, personal check (subject to bank / dealership) approval or you can obtain financing with our dealership.
But then in the next section it says:

Auction Policies
Customers with zero or negative feedback on eBay Motors please contact us prior to bidding. Otherwise, we reserve the right to cancel your bid. Understand this is only to protect the integrity of the auction. Winning bidder must contact the dealership within 24 hours of the auction close and the purchase transaction completed within 7 calendar days. We reserve the right to re-list or sell the vehicle in the event of a non-paying bidder.
With conflicting information, you have to give the buyer the longest time period mentioned. Dooma's made good faith efforts from what I can see ... and he's even using an approved financing source.

The dealer's legal eagles are trying to muddy the issue by saying Duma isn't holding up his end of the bargain ... but the truth is printed in black and white in the auction page itself ... and can't be denied.

Here's the link to the auction for reference. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...233277471&rd=1

Scroll down to the "Financing" and "Terms" sections.
Appreciate 0