View Single Post
      03-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #25
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

I think overall it would be safe to say that the charge pipe provides no measurable performance gains ON THE ROAD based upon the results. The results may be different on a dyno - perhaps on a dyno with insufficient air flow, the larger volume of the Envy charge pipe might help? Who really knows...

In terms of performance, I wouldn't hand on heart say the stock charge pipe performs better as there are other factors that can affect acceleration results from road testing (e.g. is the road perfectly level, are small bumps in the road amplifying peaks/troughs in the acceleration data). My impression is that the car FEELS faster with the stock charge pipe, but my perception likely will be heavily influenced by the results I obtained.

So two things that are clear from this:
  • The Envy charge pipe doesn't give any noticeable performance gains ON THE ROAD (which of course is more important than on the dyno)
  • The Stock charge pipe appears to provide better intake air temperatures (albeit relatively minor). Given the materials used and extremely thin construction of the Envy charge pipe, this seems to be a reasonable result.
Appreciate 0