05-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #111
zackday30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Carrera S, Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I think Montreal has a chance, but it's totally reliant on Halak. Do I think he can keep this torrid pace through the entire Stanley Cup run? I wouldn't bet on it, but I didn't think Osgood could either. And he did. I've been wrong plenty of times before, especially about the outcomes of hockey playoff series (and who hasn't), but I don't think I'd go as far as to say the Habs don't stand a chance.

It's good to see a Cinderella story develop, and you've got to root for them in this situation, doubly so because I'm sure every hockey fan is tired of hearing about Cindy. I'll admit, he's a damn good player, but I'm surprised Canadians themselves haven't found out who first tried comparing him to Gretzky.... I would think that would be grounds for a lynching....
I'm sorry but Sydney (not Cindy) is good for the sport. He is trying to help make this sport mainstream again. The league could use a few more Crosby type personalities in the locker room! He is a great role model which is hard to say about many athletes these days. And Canada should love him! After all, he did score the game winning goal in the Gold Medal game in Overtime! Is he as good as Gretsky? Debatable. I think Gretzky would have a little more trouble with the caliber of Athletes/Goaltenders in the league now compared to what they were twenty years ago and on.
'06 Carrera S (Fun)
Sold: 08 E92 335, 07 X5
Appreciate 0