View Single Post
      09-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invadermoose View Post
My previous car was a 650RWHP 2010 Camaro. I got the M3 because I wanted a totally different experience, and so far I have it..... But now I'm bored.

I never keep a car more than 2 years, 3 at max, so I dont want to spend 10k+ on a supercharger and have things break and pay to fix them, pay to maintain, then lose money on resell (basically my camaro).

I want to do some pretty simple mods. Maybe exhaust for sound with an Xpipe, an underdrive pulley, a tune, and a drop in filter. From my research I've read a tune, xpipe, pulley, and drop in filter should be about $1,600 and 40-45 whp? If I'm wrong correct me. In the Camaro 40 horsepower could be attained for about 400 dollars, so this is a lot to me for what I'm getting. Is it worth it? Do those mods really make a noticeable difference in the car, or will it be cool for 2 weeks and then I'll stop noticing it because it's so subtle? I'm just looking to wake the car up a bit.. In other words, if I do all these mods, I want to get in the car and say "OH MAN THAT MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE THIS IS FUN OKAY. YES."
If you don't want to supercharge it then go with the simple bolt ons. I went that route until I recently supercharged it.

Rpi full exhaust, Rpi scoops, MS pulley, MS intake and pulled some good numbers (no tune).

Appreciate 0