03-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #27
PKM3
Engineer
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
So I ordered two cans of this stuff. Question for you guys - the smell in my car is more prominent when I run the defroster. The instructions in the spray says to put it down the front middle vent. Will this fix the air coming out of the defroster? I'm hoping the defroster vents (the ones right under the front window) aren't freakin' all mucked up too.
Reason why they say to spray down middles vents is the 'hope' it sprays onto the evaporator. Unless the whole evaporator is coated and 'debugged' of bacteria, it will basically be back within a day. I haven't tried another product yet, but Autoglym (the car polish company from UK) has a new air cond sanitizer spray that you place in the footwell near the recirculation intake and release the can with the fan unit running on recirculation mode (fan on high) and doors closed. The concept is the fine mist is carried through the intake and over the evaporator which is usually a less tortuous path than going through the air outlets and also the benefit of having air assist pull (then push) the sanitizer through most of HVAC system since bacteria will be where the moisture collects.

Last edited by PKM3; 03-02-2011 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Correction
Appreciate 0