View Single Post
      11-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #42
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Unless you are a track monster with experience you will not notice the difference. Actually I have found since I have had both that the conti's actually "felt" a bit nicer as far as turn-in. I have PSS now and to be really honest I actually do not thinkt hey feel as good and have noticecd no loss in grip but then again I probably have never pushed the thing to the limit of where I would notice.

Its more "in your head" for most v. the real difference unless you are looking at 1/10's of seconds on a track. Conti's IMO feel better so if you are not the track monkey I think you should be pleasently surprised at the difference in favor of the conti's.

Conti's won me over with their DWS on a past non-m car. For an all-season tire they worked like a charm in winter and summer, snow and rain and offered great grip. Conti's of the past were subpar in many segments but I think they make a quality competitive product now.
It's certainly not in my "head" and I can "feel" the difference and, IMHO, Contis are total crap. Perhaps if you pushed your car a little harder you'd notice the performance limitations of the Contis and perhaps a difference in performance/feel of the PSS. I doubt there's a difference in feel if you are driving at only 1/10 of the tire's capability
Appreciate 0