View Single Post
      04-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
jpc
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 2011 DCT ESS VT2-650 SC

Hi HPP-M3

It's made by Chris Sneed in the US. Wing is great, brackets OK. I have it through-bolted onto the boot lid frame - nice solid mount. Very light - they dropped the first one during manufacture and it fractured so they made a new one.

I find it helps at higher speeds, esp. sweeping bends. An angle of 2 deg. good for less winding tracks, 5 degrees for more corners and up to 7-8 degrees in the wet.

Drag is there for sure, but so is downforce. Look at the higher speed shots (blurred background) and you'll notice the slight front lift-off. It feels like it starts to work around 80-90 Kmh. Putting KW clubsports on shortly for hopefully will translate to less suspension compression and more contact patch.

I am planning to quantify my feelings with some timed laps and different pitch settings (including removal) at a Winton T & T day very soon.

PS - i only put it on for the track. Only the low-profile mounts stay on the boot lid.
Attached Images