View Single Post
      04-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #14
xquisit
«-·¨¯¯¨·-»
Rep
Drives: 328i / R32 / 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
I'm going to throw my 2 cents in on this one.

The 5.0 is as many have said, an amazing car. Any TRUE car enthusiast who looks at the new 5.0 will have nothing but respect for it.

I'm not a fan of old school muscle, but I undoubtedly can appreciate what it stands for and what it's designed to do well. Performance wise, the 5.0 is on point with the M3, and even if you just ignorantly throw out that it might be the case only in a straight line, you'd be blind to not notice the leaps and bounds Ford has truly made from it's previous stang generations in regards to what the car can do on a track.

Based off your situation and the things you've said, it sounds like the 5.0 might be the way to go. The M3 is an expensive car to keep up and maintain, and modifications to it are NOT going to cheap either. Plus... the big picture here, and I don't know maybe it's just me but if you f*ck up in a M3, you'll cringe. Not just any cringe, you'll cringe so hard it might cause internal bleeding... and seriously... you just might die. The 5.0 isn't like that, I'm not saying you can try and slide a 90 degree turn at 120mph roll 800x and feel like a million bucks afterwards, but I'm saying you can afford to make mistakes in a 5.0 and not have it set you back for the next year.

I'm a big fan of Motortrend. They did an article that compared the 2, great read and I was TRULY impressed with the new 5.0.

That's just a Motortrend clip, I'm sure you can grab the magazine if you wan't the full read.

If an M3 is your dream car, keep saving bro, you'll get there. Is there any rush though? ( You're 22? ) Not really. Could you polish your skills in 5.0 till the M3 becomes a reality? Of course.

In the end though, just do you. As Awesome said, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, just make the choice that's right for you.
I respect you for chiming in, and I'm glad you did:

You mentioned something very important, because I would easily care about the M3 more than the Mustang (not saying I won't take care of both cars differently), because one scratch or ding would really make me trip out (don't get me wrong, shit happens - but it is an important car to me).

I am twenty-two years old, and there is ONE HUGE problem I forgot to mention: I'm very new to driving manual, and only driven three times within five years. I don't think the Mustang will be so forgiving, and was hoping to learn on my brothers e30 (when he fixes it up, and it's not an M if you're wondering).

Another thing I can't stop thinking about is:
What if I wait so long, that there will be absolutely zero brand new M3's (2015-6ish)? I'm sure it's not financially smart to consider buying the car (planning on getting it when I'm older TBH, and the mustang sometime this year if I don't lease an M). I suppose there will very possibly be two mustangs in my driveway, or I will just save up all my money for medical school (which I still have time to think about pursuing, because I do have a commute car - Mazda Protoge 2002 AT).

I guess I will have to think about this long and hard, and what's left to do now is report back when I test drive both cars (in automatic, sadly). In a couple months, I'll be back to drive them in MT. So keep in touch friends, I will definitely be bumping this thread tomorrow (in high hopes, that my brother gets the deal for 0 down / $500 p/month / 72 months finance).

Take care, and for anyone who has positive criticism - feel free to hop in this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes5.0 View Post
You can see more pics,dyno's,and mods in the link below. Ill warn you now, the guys on most of the mustang forums are on par with the supra forums. Most think the mustang is gods gift but only care about going in a straight line. I doubt most of them know how to use the steering wheel other than when using it to drive around the water box at the drag strip.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389921...tang-gt/page-2
Well, I'm sure all car groups got their good & bad. I'm trying to stay away from the Negative Normans, and glad I at least got a warning prior to joining their club. I can't wait to click the link, thank you for sharing!

EDIT: As I view the first picture, there is already a smile on my face. Your car is simply astonishing, and I'm amazed on how I didn't see any at Galpin Ford. I think you have some tasteful mods, and I really appeciate you posting in my thread.