03-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #51
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
I don't know if it was the writer's logic but the reality of what goes on with each succession m3 model. While I agree, it would be nice that vehicles should be lighter with each version, the writer is pointing out that in reality it has never happened with the m3, but the opposite...its has gotten heavier every time. You can't berate him for pointing out the truth.

The only new model that I seen in recent years that weight less then the previous generation was the current 370Z, which actually weights close to the previous generation 350z.

Even 911s bump up in weight every successive version.
Hey war,

not berating him bro, but I honestly dont see the next M3 being 4000 pounds. I really dont. It dosnt make sense. And the one after will be 4200-4300 pounds? No way man.

I am a big advocate of looking at the past and questioning the future, but there will be a tipping point. And I believe that tipping point will be on the next M3. I think it will be the same weight, if not lighter than the E9x.

I actually thought the E92 would be the tipping point but I was a bit off, I gave them too much credit as far as implementing newer technologies to go lighter. They are fighting an uphill battle with safety regs and luxury demands.