Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes...now it's become complicated
So this maybe explain my cleaner spark plugs with less build up,by the warmer,and in Australia ...we can it better calling hotter than in Europe,and in my case Belgium !
BTW....this morning at 04.30 AM it was -2 ° Celsius ! and it's spring,seems this year that winter never ends, and that now almost 5 months !
I would like to be in Australia now....but NOT for my spark plugs ,fuel and oil !
And i was thinking, we can proof if BP is right or wrong ?!?!
We can exchange our car's ,you take my car and i take your car with new spark plugs and drive about 10,000 miles...check spark plugs...and the proof is delivered....but this is..... but a good experiment !
But BMW should know about this problem,they test their car's everywhere in the world with huge temperature differences !!!
So.... maybe we need to ask BMW about this spark plug problem and actually you need to ask them...you have this spark plug problem ..i do not.
But please let us (me) know...when you have any update's about this problem !
Aussiem3....THX...
There was a regular 3 series who had complained to the BMW dealer regarding the sludge build up and how he uses BP ultimate all the time. He couldn't get a definitive answer from BP, and the service rep blamed it on poor fuel.

What BP is saying is making sense. I drive to work in the morning and it takes about good 5 km for the engine to reach optimum temperature and then I drive for another 5 km and shut off the engine. So there is no time for the burn off and clean the spark plugs.

Have a look at this link from the NGK website and it confirms what BP is saying:

http://www.ngk.com.au/spark-plugs/te...-plug-analysis

I need to go for a regular highway drive above 80km/h to complete the burn off cycle. I might also consider six-monthly oil change.

I know some extended family members have Subaru and as part of the warranty condition they need to change oil every six months. When you look at it it does make sense now.

I know BMW Australia have been trying to have the CBS changed from 24 months to 12 months because of excessive sludge build up but for some reason BMW AG have not accommodated this recommendation.

BMW Australia's regional technical manager is visiting Perth soon, and I know his quite well, so I might get a chance to speak with him and see what he has to say.

I think this forum is brilliant and we can share our experience.