View Single Post
      10-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #62
Doc V.
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 964 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefBringer View Post
For those of you lucky enough to have owned/driven any of the cars that people typically cross-shop M3's with, which of those cars have been the most fun to drive?

I don't mean "best lap times" or "best in a quarter mile", I simply mean which car, driven on public roads at legal speeds, offers the best driving experience?

For me, the best driving experience comes from lots of steering feel, lazer-like reflexes, and toss-ability. If this is my goal, what cars should I be looking at?
A driver's skill level with a car's controls plays a significant role in determining how the car responds to--how the car handles--the driver's inputs. Discussions of cars' throttle, steering, and braking characteristics become academic after the driver is removed from the evaluation of those cars' responses.

Drive the 911, the M3, and the Z06 and decide which of the three best fits your driving style. That car will satisfy your personal assessment of steering feel, "lazer-like reflexes" (I'm intrigued by the connotations of your simile, incidentally), and "toss-ability."
Appreciate 0