Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
I just wanted to thank the guys at EAS for answering all my questions and letting me have a look at their project car. There's some great toys on there.

Also they recommended the Match Snell filter so picked up one from them. The difference is noticeable. Here is my assessment:

- more silky throttle response
- more instantaneous power (feels like about 5 more hp at the wheel)
- meatier power band
- no more restriction at the top (makes you want to rev it higher)

When I pulled out my old filter, I couldn't believe all the leaves/junk that got
stuck on the filter... poor engine couldn't breathe.

The new filter is a great buy,.. even though it's not a huge power gain... the response of the engine is much improved and makes for a better driving experience.

Thanks again to the guys at EAS!

Steve
Appreciate the feedback, you couldn't have come in at a better time as we were just in the middle of performing another filter swap on an e92 M3. For others just getting into modding up their M3, the Macht Schnell filter is a great start.

The last M3 before you even had a cigarette butt fall out of the filter during replacement.

You got to see some items we haven't even mentioned yet on our project car, keep posted to our journal thread for more info.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0