M3NTAL
Baller, Shot Caller
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S, AMG G55 & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qship View Post
Absurdity? Sigh.

I am not sure if you notice, but on that YouTube video, suddenly the lunging ahead of the Porsche slows in ultraslow motion right before the final shift and that M6 starts catching up... Now maybe the 997 TT figured that he won in the video (the official race was to 200 but note that the speed diff is not THAT significant at 240) and let up but I doubt it. Are you starting to see that when you get over 200kmph it ain't Kansas anymore, and all the performance figures you have might not be relevant. But to be winning and then to get to a point where speed (not distance) is relatively caught up... Think about this. A small speed advantage is how you win...not how you begin to freaking lose. That Porsche shifted to 6th right at 200 and punched ahead so in my opinion he was still racing; however, it is just one long tall gear up to redline of 7100 and a horsepower peak at 6000 which is likely right around 260, so it is not in its max power to wheels transfer band as long.

The M3 doesn't need to shift into sixth until much later, so it has the option of shifting to stay in the optimal RPM HP power curve longer when adding speed. This is a KEY advantage. Plus I started in 4th at 5500 RPMs. In the best match-up for the Porsche, it started to pull away, then we quickly equalized, he got over and I pulled alongside and passed slowly.

Is there an engineer in the house? Or a drag car racer? Both?

One more thought: the M3 bests the 997 TT by almost 20mph top end.
So you're telling us that the 997TT can only go 135mph? Shit my MINI Cooper S can do that every day of the week, easily.

Check your facts bro, the 997TT is capable of 185mph, if not more.

I will state this ONCE AGAIN: You have no idea in hell, if he was at full throttle, so all these little figures and comparisons you're throwing out don't mean jack shit, if you cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt that he was nailing it and going at it hard. Number 2, you haven't stated whether he dropped down a gear, if he started in 6th and you started in 4th, I could see that happen, but it doesn't mean that you "beat" them in the sense that the M3 is faster than the Porsche, BECAUSE IT ISN'T.

I feel like I'm talking to my damn dog. It listens to what I have to say though...