View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #86
jerseygirl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Previously I had a Jerez Black E92 M3 ZCP with pretty much every option except rear window shade. I loved that car! I drove the tires off of her! (Almost literally -- when I put the OEM Contis back onto the wheels, I realized my AD08s were horribly corded, and I mean get-out-your-oils-and-paint-on-the-canvas corded.)

Then I decided to trade her for a new M3. (Why? Why. Okay, moving on....)

I wasn't quite settled on the color, but I wanted something different this time.

Something Individual.

It was going to be between yellow and blue, but I wasn't sure which. I spent hours weighing them all. Of the blues, I love Laguna Seca Blue, but that color is so perfect on the E46 M3, it feels a bit out of place on the E92. Santorini Blue is very hot, and I very nearly ordered that one.
Atlantis Blue
was also in consideration. There were some very sexy other colors, in grays and blacks and browns -- and I love Sophisto Gray!! -- but I had had a Sparkling Graphite 335 and the JZB M3, and now I wanted something brighter, more fun. So if it wasn't going to be blue, gray or black, maybe yellow? Maybe yellow!

Now, I don't want to offend, but for me Dakar Yellow has always looked kind of sun-faded to me, so that was out. My local dealer had a very sexy Z4 on the lot in Atacama Yellow, and that really tempted me. But while Atacama Yellow worked on the roadster, it was too orange for a coupe.

And then there was Speed Yellow. I've always loved this color, but I wasn't sure I could get it on the M3. The Porsche color is gorgeous, but there are previous few pics of Speed Yellow E9x M3s. These things can be hit or miss. I decided to go for it! In the end, it took over a month before I got confirmation that I could get Speed Yellow. When my confirmation arrived, though, it caught me by surprise because it came with a production number and a European Delivery delivery date in 3 weeks! I had to push that back a month just to coordinate with my schedule.

When I finally got to the Welt, as soon as I saw her, I knew I made the right choice!

(I'll post more about my ED experience in another thread.)

The car
  • E92 Competition Package
  • Individual color: Speed Yellow
  • Black Novillo Leather
  • Heated Seats
  • Comfort Access
  • Carbon Leather Trim
  • 6MT
  • Aluminum pedals

Mods planned

I'm intending on doing only modifications that can be reverted to 100% OEM.
  • CF splitters (OEM)
  • CF grilles and gills
  • CF mirror covers (though I'm not sure about that and will have to see the car again before deciding)
  • CF hood vents
  • Color-matched replacement for reflectors (IND)
  • Exhaust*
  • Black 339 M wheels (via Turner) w 255/275 tires (probably AD08s)
  • Clearbra
  • Window tint
  • GC camber plates (likely)
  • Dinan/Brembo BBK (maybe)

* Regarding the exhaust, I'm a bit ambivalent. On my previous M, I had the M Performance Exhaust, which sounds wonderful, but hey I want something a bit louder and bassier now. I'm thinking of possibly a Gintani Race, Supersprint or Eisenmann Race, or perhaps the Evolve E-tronic, with some sort of x-pipe. That research is continuing.

The car is on the boat as I write this. I expect to be actually receiving it around the first week of February.

Anyway, enough words. Here are some pictures!

(I apologize for the iPhone pic quality. The yellow seems to elude accurate rendering in photos. There were warm lights and cooler lights, with daylight washing in from the windows, so every angle lent the color a different hue.)
Appreciate 0