06-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #120
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
in for the juicey details

My wallet may hate you in a few weeks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
+1
Thing that amazes me the most really is how the set up is never harsh, over curbing, turtles, or the bumps at the Glen, which you are going over at some high speeds. The car remains flat, and predictable while never beating up the driver. Shows how well the damping is working. BTW, Im on 500/800 springs for those that have not visited this thread before.

Last year I was at the Glen with KW Clubsports, which I though worked well at the track. As a comparison though, I was hitting an extra 20KM on the back straight this year, because I was going up the esses with much more confidence. I was also having to shift up into 4th or 5th in places that I did not last year because I was carrying much more speed into corners and out of them.
Now I was running NT05s last year and RS3s this year, so that might have something to do with it as well.

Overall, extremely happy with the set up. After, I just adjusted the shocks back to my street settings, and drove the 350KM home in comfort.

Contact Bimmerworld if you guys are looking for the best dual set up out there IMO. I'll be at Mosport in August which is another fast track.