03-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #78
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
That's almost what it's going to be except for the N/A V8 and it's gonna cost a lot less and it's gonna be call the F30 M3!

And with a tune 500+hp, 500+torque!!
The M5 should be the M3 size wise. The modern M3 is the size of a E39 M5 now days

I really dont care for hp, i prefer a more nimble lighter car, 414 hp and 2900 pounds would = sex to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Could not agree more!!! Just look at what a bloated barge the M5 has become. Seriously, I sat inside one and it felt bigger than my Porsche Cayenne. And the amount of hp is ridiculous. You can't even properly get that power to the ground until you are well into 3rd gear. Think about an M5 that is the size of an e39 M5, with all the lighter materials used today, and a 5 liter NA V8 tuned to about 470hp and like 420lb-ft or torque. That is what the M5 should be. That would be a fantastic car.

The 5 series is the size of an old 7 series and probably weighs more as well. I cant believe how big the F30 3 series is, it looks like a 5 series for god sakes.