View Single Post
      09-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Hamster12011
Reading Motor Trend doesn't make you an expert.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 135I (sold) 10 M6 (current)

Dealer Lease agreement error??

My brother is currently leasing a 2011 Audi A6. Our now retired father recently went to purchase a motorhome and discovered that the car shows up on his credit report and the R.V dealer told him he would have to have that removed to qualify for financing as he is now on a fixed income. OUr father flipped out at my brother as to be expected. Now a little back story to inform, the first Audi my brother bought 4 years ago, he didn't have enough credit, so our father bought the car in his name and my brother made the payments out of his own account as a co-signer to bring up his credit rating. That car was then traded in on my brothers current car. The lease agreement my brother has only has his name and signature on it and no where does our fathers name appear. My brother also made it clear to the dealer as I was with him, that he was the only person leasing this vehicle. The dealer said it was no problem as his credit was more then good enough and everything was all well. The car doesn't even show up on my brothers credit report even though the payments come direct from his account. Who is at fault here and is there any way to resolve this issue? Is the lease agreement even valid? My brother doesn't even want to keep the car anymore for all the family drama this situation has caused. I hate to be in the middle, but this whole thing has had a huge effect on our family dynamic and I would like to try and fix things if I can.

Last edited by Hamster12011; 09-25-2011 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: Title Reword
Appreciate 0