Mischievous M
First Lieutenant
Brunei
Rep
Drives: BMW (E92) M3 & 2004 JCW MCS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
Yes. I have done 6 track days in my E92 and have done a lot of drifting on all of them, such that I've gone through 3 sets of rear tyres in that time. The E92 is an easy car to drift, its setup far more neutral as stock than the E46 was so a minor dab of trailbrake is all you need to get the back going. Power oversteer not required. (obviously to maintain a long drift throttle control will be required).

My favourite settings on the car for this are:

EDC: Sport
Power: Sport
Servo: Sport

If you have never had a car sideways before however, make sure you have big open spaces. It takes a while to get used to the control required to drift a car confidently, and early attempts WILL end in disaster. The only way to learn is repeated practice or a drift course.

Believe it or not, but what happened at 4.20 is a very typical beginners mistake (looks like lift off too abruptly) and that is actually quite a tight track to learn drifting on.

Finally, don't mind any internet heroes who will come on here claiming to have been able to drift from the moment they first got in a car. Its like golf, everyone has to start shit. Its just that some people pick it up quicker than others.

Mick
Cheers... Thanks for the encouragement matie. I am definitely gonna try doin a lil "drift" in a huge space where there are no obstacles. I am guessing the E92 M3 is a lil more forgiving that its older brother, E46 M3.

3 sets of tires sounds like you had mad fun! hehe
Appreciate 0