08-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #115
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
No so perfectly stated for a number of reasons. It wasn't just about 1/4 mile times, it was a full-spectrum test.

In addition, BMW's quality and reliability have been quite uneven during various periods over the last 25 years. The two biggest lemons I ever owned were both BMWs (1998 528 and 2002 745). The 5-series lived half-time at the dealership for endless electrical gremlins, and the 7-series suffered similar maladies, and tossed in an engine failure at 14K miles for good measure. Both were buy-backs, and I left BMW for many years until I came back for the M3. That experience has been good.

Yeah I don't think that Ford should get all this credit as if this is a major break through! They should've had this type of performance from their mustang years ago. Look how long it has taken them to move from that archaic V6?!? The Mustang really could be a legitimate 3-series competitor. The car for goodness sake doesn't even have head airbags yet!!! If they fixed the cheapness in the interior (maybe add some real wood trim and re badge as Lincoln), add an IRS, full compliment of airbags, they'd be on their way. A dual clutch wouldn't hurt either.
Appreciate 0