03-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Any videos from the previous track day David ? that perhaps you can upload. Good to show folks how safe and enjoyable Queensland raceway is.
Thanks Koastal Great idea but I don't have any from last time. This time however there will be 3 photographers and 2 videographers . The guys from Downshift will be covering the event. Doug Chapple and Dave Russell will be doing training and there are plenty of spots left.

You are exactly right about the track, Willowbank is chosen because it has a lot of room for error unlike Lakeside and is therefore recommended by QR for this type of event

Here is a professional video showing the track (I've posted this before) showing how the pros do it, but frankly after coming off the the track the drive home doesn't feel nearly as safe as the day on the track. The day is primarily for non competitive, introductory to track driving and is intended for anyone who would like to see what their car can do within their own personal limits. On the other hand I've spoken to professional drivers who love days like this so they can test their cars and have a relaxing day without any pressure.

Expect to see some great cars there

Hope to see you there again

Last edited by DaveDee; 03-25-2013 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Added info
Appreciate 0