11-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #65
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Yes...but what is enjoyment? Some people enjoy having their cars in pristine condition. Some people enjoy the special feeling of driving the M3 specifically because it is not their daily driver.

Like everything else, to me, it is about balance and moderation. I am one of those people who loves driving my M3 but want to keep it looking pristine as well. I have found a nice balance. It is not my DD and I don't deliberately drive it in bad weather, but I do drive it in nice weather for all sorts of varied purposes. 10000 miles in 17 months. Enough that it isn't a garage queen, but not so much that it doesn't feel special when I do drive it.
+1000

I did not buy it as a DD (M3 was 3rd car), loved driving it on sunny days or taking her out to road trips...... My fav time of the year is to take it out on sunny cold Seattle winter days where my M3 would be the cleanest car on the road..... Those are the things that I enjoyed about my car..... Of course loved detailing it.

Re: Depreciation: I sold my car for almost what I paid for it new (Little over ED invoice). She was exactly 2.5 years old with only 5K miles..... My previous 335 had a very similar story as well.

Keep on beating and tracking your cars people, it makes the garage queens that much more attractive..... (just kidding)

Overall, people buy their cars for different purposes.......

To answer Op's question: Yes, I loved driving my M3, did not mind putting miles on it and LOVED the fact it was not my DD in Seattle traffic.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired

Last edited by TTG; 11-25-2012 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0