View Single Post
      03-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
How much would you pay for a product that defeated all known red light and speed cameras and had the following characteristics:

1. 50 state legal - does not cover the license plate or impact legibility in any way, shape, or form.

2. Aesthetically pleasing - you would not even notice it is on the car.

3. Active defense - not a cheap product like photoblocker sprays that do not work. It is a professionally designed active electronic countermeasure device that works over 99% of the time in all conditions.

4. Does not void any warranty or effect car in any way. Under 5 minute installation time.

Talking to car enthusiasts, I've had a wide variety of responses. I'm interested to see what people here think of the issue. Obviously, if you live in an area where there are no cameras, there's not much reason for you to purchase one - this is targeted at those who live in camera-happy regions.

Here are the questions I'd hugely appreciate if you could answer:

1. At what price would you consider the product to be so expensive that you would not consider buying it? (Too expensive)

2. At what price would you consider the product to be priced so low that you would feel the quality couldn’t be very good? (Too cheap)

3. At what price would you consider the product starting to get expensive, so that it is not out of the question, but you would have to give some thought to buying it? (Expensive/High Side)

4. At what price would you consider the product to be a bargain—a great buy for the money? (Cheap/Good Value)

Thanks so much!
First and foremost this better available in Canada, if in fact you actually do a have a design for this. Also, could you make it block those ass hats taking pictures from there vehicle?

As for the product, I would want the best quality product, even if it is a little high. If this product only somehow blocked the view of the plate, I would personally hit every red light camera and speed cam in the city in one day, while I have some buddies sticking there bare ass's out the window, while I flip the bird in every single picture.
Appreciate 0