12-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #18
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Everyone in my neighborhood has a full 11.5gram 500 chip set. We have a Neighborhood Poker Tour once in a while.
Heheh, yeah - the poker craze spread like wildfire. Back then it was just me and a few friends and now after all the WPT/World Series they been showing on TV repeatedly, it's all over the neighborhood. My 'hood has weekly tournaments as well. Multiple tournaments, actually. Even the university had a Poker Club before it was shut down due to ethical breach or something.

Now Wal-Mart is selling poker tables, hats, and cups. And more chips. I used to be the cool cat with the only chips, and they'd all come to me to play poker but now all those bastards have chips and never invite me anymore. Actually, come to think of it, they don't invite me because I'm a shark, hah.

UncleWede - that's impressive - but can you beat me? I worked up to $200 from $30. In a 2/6 limit rake table.

I also lost $100 a few days later in one hand going all in in a NL table - NL folks play too rich for my blood.
Appreciate 0