View Single Post
      10-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #124
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Darwin will dial it in for you. Is it too firm for daily driving? Maybe once you dial it in, you can switch settings yourself for your sunday drives.

1. Thank you for your kind words And yes, very helpful post. Since I originally posed the question, I've decided to proceed with the rim rebuild. Someone else also thought that BBS barrels are forged. That did play in my decision, but I still decided to go with the rebuild so I will be forgoing that positive aspect. However, I've been running 3-piece 20" rims for quite some time now, and haven't had issues.

2. I am not a big fan of the machined finish that came on the LM-R's so one reason for the rim rebuild was to get a polished or chrome lip on it. Another reason was to see if I could max out the lip size. And with the latter, run a wider tire. I'm going to run a 285/25 up front, or at least try. Probably going with a Michelin PSS. The 285/25 gives a pretty close match to OEM diameter.

3. If I stayed with the 10", I probably would have run a 275/30. Other LM-R owners seemed to encounter rubbing issues with the 285/30. Plan on the 11's is to run a 305/25, but Michelin (so I've heard) is going to phase out the PS2's in that size before making it in a PSS. Currently, it comes in a 295/25 in the PSS variety, so I'll run that until the 305 comes out. 315/25 comes closest to OEM diameter, but I wouldn't be able to fit that wide of a tire under the fender with the offsets I want to run.
Cool. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0