09-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #36
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Actually incorrect. Officer stance with an observed firearm would have stopped this from even happening.

Most thugs/folks see an armed person, guess what happens in the real world? They move to the next target. Trust me, seen it happen.

Ask yourself this question. If you saw a law abiding citizen at Albertos with a sawed off shotgun or Desert Eagle .50 AE on his person, are you going to sit there and tell me you would pick a fight with him/her just because you are hungry and have no money? No you wouldn't.

I remember I was up at a gun shop in Puyallup Washington a couple years ago and a young man was walking downtown heading to the gun shop with a Benelli M4 on his back. Police came and went and passed him. No thug would have approached him to steal money or food.

He has rights.
Absolutely right.

And to the other posters above who ask how I could sleep if I shot the assailants instead of getting beat up? Answer for you: Like a baby. Know why? Because if I draw on them and assume officer stance as above -- and they keep advancing, they are asking for it. The outcome would be that not only did they not attack me, they aren't around to attack anyone else in the future either. I'm not sure about CA laws in that situation, sounds like the democrats have ruined CA through and through at this point. However in SYG states like FL here, there would be no court process, you would be going home immediately after. Just look at the Trayvon/Zimmerman case -- they -correctly- released Zimmerman because they had evidence that he was not the aggressor. The only reason he was ever arrested and tried is because the 'court of public opinion' and blowhards like Al Sharpton (and most of the liberal-dominated media) wanted to lynch a white guy. I'm SO glad that they failed, and because of it, our laws down here stand as they always have.
Appreciate 0